WDSU has an opening for a highly motivated producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts. The right candidate will be creative, eager to learn, have the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear manner. We expect a can do attitude. Candidates must have the understanding of how to showcase big stories, breaking news and weather. Candidates must be fast and calm under pressure and able to play well in a room of same-minded pros.
• Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an ''experience'' for viewers.
• Working with and guiding reporters in story production.
• Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff.
• 2 years producing experience.
• Creative presentation style.
• Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure and knowledge of ENPS are pluses.
• Military experience in a related occupation specialty will be considered.
• Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills.
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components.
• Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements.
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
• Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news.
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred.
• Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5qz7-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.