Local News Meteorologist
WDSU, located in New Orleans, LA, has an opening for an experienced Meteorologist. We are looking for a meteorologist who knows the science and can tell a relatable weather story. You will be an accurate forecaster, keep our viewers and employees safe, convey appropriate tone, summarize complicated information, and stay calm in all situations. You will report to the News Director.
• Get our viewers ready with accurate, compelling, and understandable weather forecasts
• Will provide urgent, immediate weather information before and during severe weather events
• Can simultaneously provide content on TV, for our radio partners, and on our digital platforms
• Will use all the technology available to us, to tell an intriguing weather story
• Will be deployed in the field during weather events
• Gather information and summarize facts and content for broadcast
• Professional or schooling on-air experience handling breaking news and severe weather coverage
• In-depth knowledge of weather science and forecasting
• Dynamic on-air presence with a conversational weather presentation
• Knowledgeable about how to interpret and translate high-powered radar data
• Experience with common television weather systems
• Experience with live field reporting on weather and other topics
• NWA and CBM seals are a plus
• Related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
• Medical | Dental | Vision
• 401(k) matching
• Emotional Wellness Support
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Parental Leave
• LGBTQ+ Health Services
• Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3qmq5-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.