WDSU, the NBC affiliate in New Orleans, Louisiana, has an opening for a highly motivated and creative News Editor. You will cover news stories as assigned. You have an excellent eye for visual compelling storytelling and is passionate about combining writing and storytelling with great pictures and sound. You will report to the News Director.
• Edit stories, videos, and newscasts on tight deadlines
• Maintain news archives
• Operate electronic newsgathering equipment.
• Nonlinear editing using Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Avid, and Edius for newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, opens, teases and preproduction material
• Collaborate with producers, reporters and managers to produce high quality stories
• Ensure storage and organization of media files
• Maintain standards for all edited material
• Taking in ENG and SNG feeds
• Any other editing responsibilities as assigned by news managers
• Previous editing experience
• Professional experience with nonlinear editing software and equipment
• Proficiency editing with Adobe Premiere.
• Work early morning, day, evening or weekend shifts as assigned
• Can handle and juggle multiple editing assignments under strict deadlines
• Knowledge of current television production techniques.
• Familiarity with mass communications law and media responsibilities
• Communicate effectively with photographers and producers
• Record multiple feeds on a digital encoding system
• Search for source materials from multiple outlets and platforms
• Possess a valid drivers' license and good driving record
• In person attendance
• Related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
• Medical | Dental | Vision
• 401(k) matching
• Emotional Wellness Support
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Parental Leave
• LGBTQ+ Health Services
• Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmy5jm-3-233-221-90-42 in your application.