WDKY in Lexington, Kentucky is looking for a Full Time Account Executive to join our team. We are looking for a passionate, motivated, goal-oriented person with a positive work ethic and the desire to WIN and EXCEL to start now! This is a fast-paced sales environment with unlimited potential. We offer a unique opportunity if you are looking for a challenging environment, tools, and resources to help you succeed and the chance to maximize your full potential.
The Sales Account Executive generates and grows advertising revenue by calling on established agencies, cold-calling new prospects and educating potential clients on the merits of television advertising.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and succeed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
• Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
• Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Minimum one year's experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
• Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Sales Account Executive must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Sales Account Executive must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbomme-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.