WDKY in Lexington, Kentucky is looking for a full time Sports Anchor. Are stories more important to you than scores? Is the ''how'' more interesting than the highlight? We're looking for someone to tell compelling sports stories, both as an anchor and a reporter. We want someone who values relationships that help us find the best stories to share with our viewers in the sports-crazed city of Lexington, KY, and all of the Bluegrass region.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Produces and presents sports reports for all platforms
• Ensures that all sports content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Writes and delivers sports stories in a clear and concise manner
• Helps in writing, copy editing, researching, and coordinating sports programming and other content
• Responds to breaking sports events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required
• Works closely with the sports team to develop comprehensive sports coverage
• Particpates in promotional activities including public appearances
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
• Shoots video for sports reports
• Sets up, composes, and executes video shots
• Maintains video equipment
• Edits video clips for television broadcasts and eMedia content
• Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of sports and sports-related activities
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Minimum two years' experience in news/sports reporting (More or less depending on market size)
• Superior on-air presence
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record
• Flexibility to work any shift
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Sport Anchor/Reporter must be able to stand, sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Assignment Editor must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7nbv9-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.