WDKY in Lexington, Kentucky is looking for a full time Photographer / MMJ. We're building a brand-new newsroom, and want someone who loves telling stories with pictures. We're looking for a Photographer who is versatile, creative and a team player. We know the job has transformed into so much more than just pictures, so she/he will also be able to juggle fact-gathering, writing, editing – the glue that will help make our newsroom successful
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
• Work with team members to enterprise and develop stories daily
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
• Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
• Gather and verify information regarding stories through interview, observation and research
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree Journalism required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education)
• Camera and camera equipment
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment
• Conflict management
• Detail oriented
• Demonstrate editorial judgment using knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Photographer must be able to stand, sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Photographer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv7yz0-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.