WDKY in Lexington, Kentucky is looking for a full time Anchor / Reporter. In our business, how often do you get the chance to get in on the ground floor? We're looking for an Evening Anchor/Reporter to join a brand-new newsroom in Lexington, KY, that values our viewers and our teammates. The right person for this opportunity wants to work hard to win, is plugged in to the community and is compassionate and empathetic.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner that focuses on creative storytelling.
• Helps produce newscasts and communicates clear direction with team members.
• Helps in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
• Anchors a nightly newscast.
• Acts as a field reporter as assigned.
• Conducts interviews.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Edits video clips as assigned.
• Writes content for the website and other eMedia platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
• Minimum three years' experience in reporting or anchoring
• Superior on-air presence
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating others
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record
• Flexibility to work any shift
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The News Reporter must be able to stand, sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Assignment Editor must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rboope-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.