WDKY in Lexington, Kentucky is looking for a full time News Producer. Do you enjoy starting with a blank slate every day? Is seeing your vision come to life on the screen your idea of fun? We're looking for a producer for our morning newscast who enjoys being part of a team, who is focused on our viewers and can utilize research to execute a strategic plan. Our producing team will be leaders in our brand-new newsroom in Lexington, KY.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Produces newscasts for broadcast across all platforms
• Writes and orders news stories
• Approves scripts
• Balances news and feature content to create compelling broadcasts
• Edits video
• Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years' experience in news operations (Depending on market size)
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift
• Must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The News Producers must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The News Producer Executive must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqoyzz-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.