WDCW TV is seeking an experienced sales professional with a minimum of 1-2 years experience in media sales or outside sales experience. Successful candidate must be able to work successfully in a multi-platform environment selling both television and Digital products. Looking for an energetic, creative, solution oriented problem solver who wants to win!
• Responsibilities include managing assigned business, new business development, client relationship building, and presentation to a diverse customer base. The position requires excellent communication, customer service, and time management skills. The ideal candidate will be a person who is responsible for developing large-scale new business clients and growing digital revenue.
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
• Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
• Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Minimum one year's experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
• Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.