News Anchor - WDBJ
NEWS ANCHOR (W/END) - WDBJ
WDBJ7, WZBJ and WDBJ7.com is a Gray owned dominant CBS affiliated media powerhouse in beautiful Roanoke, Virginia. Known as ''Your Hometown Station®'', WDBJ7 and WZBJ serve 26 counties across the Blue Ridge Mountain region and produces more than 55 hours of award-winning local news coverage, more than any of its competitors in the Roanoke/Lynchburg market.
The Weekend Anchor-MMJ is responsible for possessing the ability to tell stories with superior live reporting skills, enterprise story coverage and serve as a newsroom leader by working with producers to establish the best story coverage, placement and scripting. Strong emphasis will be placed on all reporting elements.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Arrive to the editorial meeting on-time at the start of your shift with at least two story ideas that could be produced for that day's newscasts
• Must assist with overall content of news stories within newscasts. Expected to bring innovative story ideas to editorial meetings and contribute to overall goal and direction of the station. Willing to field report stories as directed.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours and possess the ability to work well with co-workers. Performs other duties as assigned to general assignment reporter.
• Develops, investigates, writes, reports and edits stories of interest
• When assigned a laptop write and post a Web story in the car on the way back to the station.
• Edit packages using Grass Valley system
• Follow clothing and appearance guidelines.
• Ability to generate investigative stories using sources to dig deeper
• Responsible for working with producers to ensure story accuracy and to determine the best presentation of reports.
• Capable of enterprising exclusive stories of interest and importance to local viewers and carry out overall goals of the station.
• Perform creative and explanatory live shots and stand-ups.
• Writes and post website stories prior to airing of the television version
• Post at least one piece of additional content to the Web site each day
• Work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
• At least two years of television reporting and/or anchoring is preferred
• Anchoring experience is preferred
• Experience with ENPS newsroom software and/or Grass Valley non-linear editing a plus.
• Experience with web writing, social media posts is required
• Excellent broadcasting writing experience is a must
• Editorial leadership skills a plus
• Have experience with many platforms including web, mobile and social networks
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyxbzm-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.