News Anchor / MMJ - WDAM
NEWS ANCHOR/MMJ (W/END) - WDAM
WDAM is the #1 station in the Hattiesburg-Laurel DMA. We are dominant on broadcast and digital and produce news on WDAM NBC and WDAM ABC. Hattiesburg-Laurel is market 167 and we reach viewers in eight counties (Covington, Forrest, Jasper, Jones, Lamar, Marion, Perry and Wayne). WDAM is less than two hours driving distance to New Orleans, Mobile and the Mississippi Gulf Coast. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a great station and company.
WDAM NBC/ABC in Hattiesburg-Laurel is looking for a Weekend Anchor/MMJ to join our award-winning team. We are looking for a journalist who can investigate leads, write, shoot, edit and develop excellent content. This person must be a great communicator and positive leader inside and outside the newsroom.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- A leader in the newsroom and excel at breaking news coverage from the studio, digital desk, and in the field.
- Candidate must also be aggressive and consistent with coverage online and with social media on all platforms.
- The candidate must turn in special reports.
- He or she must be skilled to shoot & edit their own stories.
-Must take initiative to make calls and chase down stories.
- Candidate must have at least 2 years of reporting/broadcast experience including anchoring. The ideal candidate would have three years of experience.
- These skillsets must be demonstrated in past working experiences – contributing consistently on Facebook, Twitter as well as Facebook LIVE and strong writing for the NEWS APP and website.
- Exceptional planning, developing story ideas, and creative storytelling are a must.
- Candidates must be a self-starter, demonstrate urgency to their delivery as well as possess very strong writing skills.
- Candidate must be willing to work with young journalists and must work well with others.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in reporting and anchoring.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with video and camera equipment, plus Edius Editing, ENPS, social media.
- Self-motivated and highly organized.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk18op-3-235-195-196-42 in your application.