WDAM is located between Hattiesburg and Laurel, Mississippi. We are known as the Pine Belt and reach viewers in eight counties (Covington, Forrest, Jasper, Jones, Lamar, Marion, Perry and Wayne). WDAM is within driving distance to New Orleans and the Mississippi Gulf Coast. We are the most trusted source for news on television and our digital platforms.
WDAM is the dominant market leading station in the Hattiesburg / Laurel, MS television market and we are looking for a dynamic Chief Meteorologist to lead our experienced First Alert Weather Team. The ideal candidate must be a great communicator with a passion for meteorology, a master of social media, and focused on keeping people safe. This position is for someone who absolutely loves their profession and is prepared to work in an area with every type of weather including tornados, hurricanes and even winter precipitation. The Chief Meteorologist must understand the culture of the Pine Belt viewers and be able to communicate with them in a manner to gain and maintain their trust. The successful candidate must be organized, motivated and create great content for all platforms.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Be a great communicator on air, online and in person
• Be fluent in the latest weather technology
• Be a passionate, accurate forecaster
• Coach and lead a team of meteorologist and forecasters
• Provide digital content creatively and consistently
• Communicate with the viewer in a clear and concise manner
• Strong verbal and written skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and work well with a diverse station staff
• Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Meteorology
• Three or more years of on-air meteorology experience
• Must be willing to work flexible shifts, be on call, and provide wall-to-wall weather coverage when necessary
• Must reside in the Pine Belt Region of Mississippi in reasonably close proximity to the studio
• Valid driver's license and good driving record
• Pre-employment drug screen is required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnk0q5-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.