WCYB/WEMT is looking for a Weekend PM Meteorologist/Reporter to present the weather forecast for the weekend news and report during the week, as needed. As our Weekend PM Meteorologist/Reporter you are responsible for the content of the weathercast on-air and on our digital platforms. You will be responsible for the content of the weather cast on-air and on our digital platforms. You will issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and report live during weather events. You must be able to utilize social media during all-weather situations, as well as write weather stories. You will be expected to produce content on a variety of platforms including, internet, social networking sites, and mobile phones, in addition to television. You must have excellent time management skills. The ideal candidate will be social media savvy.
The main day to day responsibilities of the role will include…
• Forecasting, Producing and Presenting clear and concise weathercasts, which tell a story and connect with viewers
• Issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and report live during weather events
• Utilize social media during severe weather, as well as write weather stories
• Make public appearances on behalf of the station
• Pitching story ideas, developing contacts and report news content, as needed.
• Work with newscast producers to determine relevant weather content in breaking and everyday situations
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
• Ability to tell memorable and meaningful stories, we value visual and compelling storytelling
• Ability to demonstrate experience with active and visual live shots
• In depth knowledge of forecasting
• Sharp news judgement and exceptional writing skills
• Experience with the WSI weather system will be helpful
• Ability to multitask while meeting deadlines and prioritizing tasks
• Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• 1 years' experience in weather presentation and reporting preferred
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzpbmq-3-92-28-52-42 in your application.