WCVB-TV, the Hearst Television ABC affiliate in Boston, is looking for a dynamic storyteller to join the SportsCenter 5 team. We are seeking a multi-faceted reporter/producer who can break the big sports stories, move beyond press conference sound bites, enterprise compelling human-interest stories, and find unique angles to captivate the non-sports fan. Must be able to craft compelling pieces with high production value, execute energetic live shots, produce sportscasts, and effectively convert on-air content to all digital platforms.
• Deliver scripted and ad lib material with professionalism, personality, and purpose
• Regularly plan, gather, and assemble stories related to Boston's professional and collegiate sports teams as well as club and high school sports
• Coordinate with news managers and producers to develop impactful, exclusive stories
• Develop a network of local and national sources who provide tips and early access to information that allows WCVB to break stories of significance
• Committed to digital platforms and ready, willing, and able to extend WCVB's reach by working creatively with our digital team
• Can juggle multiple stories and projects at once, demonstrating exceptional time-management skills under pressure
• Demonstrate unwavering journalistic integrity, ethical standards, and a team-player approach
• Appear on behalf of the station at public events
• Has a valid driver's license and a clear driving record
• Ability to work varied shifts, including overnights and weekends
• Can work in all weather conditions
• Previous television sports experience required
• Working knowledge of broadcast newsroom systems (ENPS, etc.)
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2pw7m-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.