WCVB is looking for a full-time Investigative Reporter who can work collaboratively with other members of the investigative team and the newsroom to find and produce short- and long-term investigative stories. The successful candidate will be one with a proven track record of developing sources and deploying investigative reporting techniques to generate stories that hold public officials accountable, dig deep into societal concerns, and uncover exclusive details on the big story of the day. We are looking for an energetic reporter who is willing to take a fresh approach to investigative reporting and storytelling.
• Juggle multiple stories on a daily basis with short- and long-term deadlines
• Take initiative in researching and pitching stories in coordination with the executive producer for special projects and investigative producers
• Work with producers, photographers, editors, and graphic designers to produce stories with the highest quality visual journalism
• Work with managers and station attorneys to ensure coverage is fair, ethical, and legally defensible
• Work with our digital department to ensure investigative content has a strong presence on all platforms
• Develop a network of sources who provide tips and early access to information, allowing the reporter to break stories of significance, identify stories worthy of further investigation, and add detail and context to breaking news coverage
• 5+ years live reporting experience
• 2+ years investigative reporting experience
• Demonstrated ability to enterprise stories and develop contacts
• Demonstrated record of obtaining and reporting on court documents and other public records
• Data journalism experience is preferred but not required
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Strong writing and storytelling skills
• Ability to operate mobile transmission devices and use the latest technology
• A valid driver's license and a clear driving record
• Ability to work varied shifts
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6218q-18-207-157-152-42 in your application.