WCTV is the dominant #1 CBS Affiliate in Tallahassee, with a coverage area of about 19 counties in North Florida and South Georgia. We are a well-established newsroom, where rising talent has an opportunity to work side-by-side with experienced journalists. The expectations are high in our newsroom. The right candidate can expect to cover everything from breaking news, to severe weather, major political headlines and heartfelt features. Along the way, we add real people, emotion and perspective to our stories.
WCTV is recruiting a high energy newsroom leader who is a storyteller at heart. In this role, the right candidate will co-anchor our highly successful weekend morning newscast, and MMJ three weekdays.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Anchor weekend morning newscasts, and other newscasts as assigned
• Work closely with co-anchor and producers to ensure story selection and quality of broadcast are clean, compelling and consistent
• Shoot & edit content for newscasts and website as assigned
• Generate story ideas and build local contacts
• Operate portable live units, and conduct live shots from the field
• BS/BA in journalism or communications, computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems
• Minimum two (2) years' experience reporting as a MMJ in a commercial newsroom
• Videography and non-linear editing experience
• A valid driver's license, good driving record and proof of insurability
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re82z2-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.