Newscast / Web Producer - WCTV
WCTV is a well-established newsroom with dedicated, award-winning journalists who possess valuable market experience. Every day, our team strives to produce memorable content that features the voices of ''real people.'' We take pride in our involvement in the community, which goes beyond covering headlines and extends into giving back. Tallahassee is a vibrant, thriving city known for its beautiful canopy roads, bike trails and walking trails. Some of the most desirable beaches are within driving distance.
The producer will be primarily responsible for producing our weekday 6pm and 11pm newscasts. These shows are crucial dayparts, and they require a knowledgeable, creative and collaborative mind. The producer works closely with news managers and anchors to craft these newscasts, which emphasize local content.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Participating in daily editorial meetings and evaluating pitches for potential lead stories
- Ordering stories in the rundown with emphasis on happening now, local and live elements
- Collaborating with reporters and anchors on story concepts
- Selecting showcase elements which could include maps, graphics and video
- Writing scripts with focus on accuracy and deliverability
- Making graphics and lower thirds for stories (and keeping them free of typos)
- 1-2 years producing experience in a smaller market, or associate producing experience in a larger market is a must
- An internship in a commercial newsroom
- Knowledge of video editing and scripting software
- Working knowledge of web and social platforms
- Ability to travel regionally and nationally
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8q82-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.