News Anchor / Reporter - WCTV
NEWS ANCHOR/REPORTER (DAYSIDE) - WCTV
WCTV is the dominant #1 CBS Affiliate in Tallahassee, with a coverage area of about 19 counties in North Florida and South Georgia. We are a well-established newsroom, where rising talent has an opportunity to learn from and grow with experienced anchors and reporters. The 4 p.m. newscast is our first opportunity to reach our early evening viewers, and it is the only newscast in this daypart in our market. All eyes are on us! WCTV is building a new anchor team that can both carry the legacy of this newscast and bring fresh perspectives to take it to the next level. The anchor team works closely with our 4 p.m. producer to ensure the quality of the broadcast. The right candidate enjoys being hands-on with content selection, advising on in-studio interview opportunities, and contributing promotable special reports to the newscast.
The #1 CBS affiliate in Florida's capital city has a rare opportunity to join our powerhouse 4p.m. newscast, providing the best news coverage in the region. The right candidate is a seasoned newsroom leader, an eager coach and mentor, and a gifted storyteller with a strong interest in co-anchoring and turning in exclusive content for the 4 p.m. newscast.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Anchor weekday 4 p.m. newscast, and others as assigned
- Work closely with co-anchor and producers to ensure story selection and quality of broadcast are clear, compelling, and consistent
- Demonstrate ability to connect with viewers and community both on and off the desk
- Generate story/segment ideas
- Contribute content to digital platforms as assigned
- Build local contacts and relationships
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years anchoring and reporting in a commercial newsroom
- Non-linear editing experience
- Degree in journalism
- A valid driver's license, good driving record and proof of insurability
*** Candidates with fewer than 5 years of relevant experience will not be considered ***
Come join our dynamic news team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload resume, cover letter, and references (include demo/reel link)
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WCTV-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8bq9q-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.