Capital Bureau Videographer - WCTV
WCTV covers about 19 counties in North Florida and South Georgia. Our station is based in the Florida state capital, and our DMA is a fast-paced and exciting environment. From state politics, to breaking news, severe weather and college sports- we cover it all! We are a team of passionate journalists in a well-established newsroom. Rising talent has the
opportunity to work with, and learn from, experienced team members.
WCTV is recruiting a driven and competitive videographer with a passion for politics to join our Capital Bureau. As a team of two, this videographer works side-by-side with our Capital Bureau reporter to cover the top issues facing Floridians. Their content airs at Florida Gray stations in Panama City, Gainesville, Sarasota and Tallahassee, reaching eyes all across our state.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but be limited to):
- Collaborating daily with Capital Bureau Reporter to work together, or shoot separately, story assignments for the day
- Generating content ideas, demonstrating a natural curiosity and ability to identify news happening all around you
- Communicating with news managers on day-to-day expectations
- Shooting and editing daily content, meeting a deadline of 4:00pm ET every day
- Uploading or file-sharing material to all Florida affiliates as requested
- Contributing video and still photos for digital content as assigned
- Tackling special projects as assigned
- Ability to travel out of DMA for assignments as needed
- 2+ years in a television newsroom, preferably as a videographer/photojournalist
- BS/BA in journalism or communications
- A valid driver's license and good driving record
- Eligibility for Florida Capitol credentials (required for access to state capitol building)
Interested applicants can, go tohttps://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
WCTV-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4qzv1-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.