Come to work with us in sunny Tallahassee, Florida where the beach is close by and the weather is beautiful! If your passion is to help business owners grow their business by making the most of their marketing dollars, this job is for you. WCTV, Tallahassee's legacy CBS affiliate and the most watched TV station in the region for over sixty-five years is seeking experienced Account Executives to sell local television and digital advertising solutions. Cultivating and enhancing customer relationships is crucial, as there is heavy emphasis on generating new business. Knowledge and experience in selling data-driven digital marketing solutions and critical analysis of digital analytics is preferred. A polished disposition, strong work ethic, and a positive attitude are required. Join this fun and dynamic sales team today!
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Exceed or at a minimum achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals
• Initiate, cultivate and maintain WCTV advertising client relationships
• Secure new Local Direct advertising business for WCTV and our related properties
• Service and grow existing accounts through the use of creative ideas, special opportunities, and a professional consultative selling approach
• Cultivate positive, long term working relationships with clients, key decision makers, advertising agencies and media buyers
• Have a strong working knowledge of marketing concepts along with a detailed understanding of television and digital media advertising methods and strategies
• Have a firm understanding of the Tallahassee-Thomasville-Valdosta competitive media market.
• Be proficient in all software utilized for daily business (including, but not limited to: Wide Orbit Media Sales, Wide Orbit Traffic, Microsoft Office products, comScore Station View Essentials, etc.)
• Be prepared for all meetings (internal with management and external with clients)
• Meet all client and management deadlines
• Present yourself in a professional and respectful manner as a representative of WCTV and Gray Television
• Ensure all orders are processed correctly and match what was ordered/approved
• Ensure invoices are paid in a timely fashion and billing does not roll over into past due status.
• Be prepared for bi-weekly one-on-one meetings with station management to review billing and budgetary goals on all WCTV platforms.
• Adhere to all standard operating procedures (SOP) in regard to:
- log/copy deadlines
- internal paperwork procedures
- Production department requirements and deadlines
- Accounting department procedures and deadlines
• Bring station management on face to face calls with your top revenue clients
• Be a team player – respect, encourage and assist your fellow co-workers
• Keep office and desk area neat and organized
• Proven track record of sales success in local media (broadcast TV preferred)
• Excellent listening, presentation, negotiation and closing skills
• A team player with the ability to create, build and nurture business relationships
• Must handle multiple projects, prioritize and complete specific tasks on time
• Confident personality with a strong sense of urgency and a winning attitude
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• BS/BA degree in business, marketing, or equivalent work experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx320j-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.