WCTI/WYDO is looking for a Production Supervisor to lead our news production team. Candidate should have experience in television studio operations or live show production. Production Supervisor will at times direct live newscasts and other productions. This position works with News, Engineering, and other departments to maintain quality of news content and sponsorship opportunities across all platforms. This position is responsible for staffing and developing the Production team. Strong leadership, effective communication, and organizational skills are a must, as well as an ability to multitask and take initiative to get things done. Managerial experience and a good technical understanding of video production equipment are a big plus!
• Technical and Team lead for Studio Operations and digital/social production
• Ensure effective interaction between Production and multiple departments across organization
• Overseeing development of Production team, including recruiting, scheduling, training
• Direct live newscasts & cutins, livestreams, recorded productions, commercial projects
• Coordinates with Engineering for scheduling preventative and routine maintenance of production gear and equipment
• Maintaining other systems such as Audio, Graphics, Live shot acquisition, Media Ingest, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
Candidates will have proficient skills with the following equipment and systems:
• Video Switcher
• Audio mixer
• Studio lighting
• Studio cameras
• Knowledge of editing
• Experience with digital and social platforms is a plus
• Interest in news writing and creating content for Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
• 2+ years of television production experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must possess strong organizational skills and be detail-oriented
• Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure environment without direct supervision is essential
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook is needed
• Must have technical knowledge of non-linear editing (AVID is a plus!), iNews and manual newscast directing
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv2xmj-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.