Would you like to work for the #1 station in a city consistently named by T+L as one of the best cities in the world? WCSC in Charleston, South Carolina has been the dominant #1 station in the market since sign-on in 1953. The world-famous food scene, high-tech growth and hot real estate makes Charleston one of the fastest growing metro areas in the country. Manufacturing jobs at Boeing, Mercedes and Volvo and the world-class medical community continue to make the Lowcountry a destination market. WCSC Live 5 is committed to serving the Lowcountry with breaking news, weather and investigative journalism and is the most recognized and awarded news team in the market. Learn more about WCSC Live 5 at Live5News.com
WCSC in Charleston, SC is seeking an experienced journalist with excellent news judgment, urgent writing and showcasing skills. Applicant must be detail-oriented and work well with others in a fast-paced, high stress environment. The position is also responsible for managing and producing material for our digital media platforms. News is 24/7. Successful candidate must also be flexible and willing to work overnights, holidays, weekends or overtime hours as needed. If you want to be a part of an award-winning and aggressive newsroom that makes a difference in their community apply now by using the employee portal.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Developing and organizing a newscast
• Writing, story development and showcasing
• Working closely with news managers and assignment editor in determining content needs enhancing content with
graphics, video research, and station branding making time sensitive decisions
• Writing clearly for multiple platforms on tight deadlines
• Demonstrating creativity and strong editorial judgment while following journalistic ethics and libel laws
• Occasionally editing video for multiple platforms
• Performing other duties as assigned
• At minimum, a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or a related field.
• Be a self-starter, with knowledge of and ability to operate state-of-the-art television news equipment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o5ve-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.