News Anchor - WCSC
NEWS ANCHOR (MORNING) - WCSC
Would you like to work for the #1 station in a city consistently named by T+L as one of the best cities in the world? WCSC in Charleston, South Carolina has been the dominant #1 station in the market since sign-on in 1953. The world-famous food scene, high-tech growth and hot real estate makes Charleston one of the fastest growing metro areas in the country. Manufacturing jobs at Boeing, Mercedes and Volvo and the world-class medical community continue to make the Lowcountry a destination market. WCSC Live 5 is committed to serving the Lowcountry with breaking news, weather and investigative journalism and is the most recognized and awarded news team in the market. Learn more about WCSC Live 5 at Live5News.com
Seeking an engaging, energetic morning news anchor to join our team. We are looking for a journalist who is determined to help our station win on every platform every single day. An experienced anchor/reporter who is determined to find hard news lead stories. A strong journalist who also will also report on some of the biggest stories in the state. We are looking for someone who already knows how to work a beat and develop sources. This anchor will be a big part of our investigative unit and will be expected to turn promotable special reports. Investigative reporting experience is a strong plus.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Anchoring newscasts as assigned
- Live reporting daily for multiple newscasts
- Shooting, writing, editing & running your own live shots
- Ability to work well under strict deadline pressure
- Other responsibilities as assigned
• Ideal candidate should have at least 5 years experience as an anchor for a broadcast news station or news website. The successful applicant's background must include, at minimum, a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or a related field. You must be a self-starter, with knowledge of and ability to operate state-of-the-art television news equipment as well as website publishing and social media. A driver's license and good driving record is required. You MUST provide a link to your resume reel.
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk9j58-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.