Would you like to work for the #1 station in a city consistently named by T+L as one of the best cities in the world? WCSC in Charleston, South Carolina has been the dominant #1 station in the market since sign-on in 1953. The world-famous food scene, high-tech growth, and hot real estate make Charleston one of the fastest-growing metro areas in the country. Manufacturing jobs at Boeing, Mercedes, and Volvo and the world-class medical community continue to make the Lowcountry a destination market. WCSC Live 5 is committed to serving the Lowcountry with breaking news, weather, and investigative journalism and is the most recognized and awarded news team in the market. Learn more about WCSC Live 5 at Live5News.com
WCSC is looking for a multimedia reporter to join our team. We need a candidate who can enterprise lead stories, not pitch the news release of the day. We want someone to report hard news stories our viewers can't get anywhere else. Be prepared to write FOIA requests, examine documents and agendas and find stories that truly matter to people. In addition to generating story ideas, you must have the ability to report, shoot and edit video on your own. Be prepared to run your own live shots every day. You will respond to breaking news and embrace a culture of urgency. We report news on every platform, so you will also post web stories/ pictures/ video to serve our digital and social audience.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Live reporting daily for multiple newscasts
- Creative shooting, writing, editing, and posting of all news stories
- Must have good writing skills
- Be able to work well under strict deadline pressure
• ️ The successful applicant's background must include, at minimum, a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or a related field. Newsroom experience preferred. You must be a self-starter, with knowledge of and ability to operate state-of-the-art television news equipment as well as website publishing and social media. Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
Interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WCSC-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0qw38-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.