WEB PRODUCER/VIDEO EDITOR (P/T) - WCJB
WCJB TV20 ABC Affiliate - #1 rated legacy broadcast TV station located in beautiful North Central Florida (the Gainesville market) has a proud heritage and an energetic newsroom. WCJB TV20 is the market leader, with viewers relying on us for news, weather, and sports coverage from Your Local Station. Along with the market's strongest news ratings, and ever-expanding digital platforms, we deliver results for our advertisers. Gainesville is a sports town, and we cover our local high school sports teams with the same fervor we bring to our constant coverage of Florida Gator sports.
Although best known as the home of the University of Florida, Gainesville is also a medical hub with nationally recognized institutions including UF Health/Shands Hospital and North Florida Regional Medical Center. Corporations specializing in medical innovations such as Priora Robotics and Exactech have also made Gainesville their home. And with a large college student population, multiple tech businesses have sprung up, leading to the development of the Innovation Hub and the Cade Center.
WCJB seeks a dynamic Web Producer/Video Editor to join our team. The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our newscasts and online content. This position will also work closely with the Producer, Director, Assignment Desk, and news staff on the newscast and web/social media content. In this position, you will edit video, work within the newscasts as a writer and writer/associate producer, and also develop content for all our digital platforms.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Edit video on a deadline, working with the Producer towards a creative and informative newscast with emphasis on the viewers' interests
• Produce content for WCJB.com, and promote our coverage on our social media feeds, funneling audience to our site and our broadcast
• Coordinate the writing and editing of scripts that incorporate video, nat sound and graphics to enhance storytelling
• Coordinate live shots
• Develop and oversee the production of graphics
• Line-produce and time the newscast in the control room
• Work under pressure and deadlines
• Adapt to breaking news and developing stories
• Communicate with anchors, field crews and control room staff
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism or related field is desired
• 1-2 years of experience producing newscasts or news content online
• Must keep up on local, state, national and international events
• Organized; able to work with many personality types
• Must work individually as well as part of a team; requires work with many personalities
• This position requires someone who can exercise discretion, best judgment, and has solid journalistic/ethical skills
• Must have strong organizational skills
• Must be extremely flexible to work different shifts throughout the year
◘ Interested applicants can apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings attach your resume
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1qx4-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.