Mount Pleasant, SC
WCIV in Charleston, SC is looking for a creative and dynamic producer who doesn't just stack a show. In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our newscasts and other special projects. This position will also work closely with the Executive Producer, Director, Assignment Desk and Anchors on the newscast and its content. You will also be responsible for gathering content for your newscast which includes making calls to confirm information. In this position you will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories and develop content for our web site. You will also be responsible for boothing and timing the newscast.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Solid news judgment
• Be a compelling and accurate writer
• Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
• Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
• Must have at least some previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station, although the right entry-level candidate may be considered
• A journalism degree is preferred
If you have the required experience and skills, we want to hear from you!
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!