WCIV is looking for a Director for our Newscasts. We help grow the most talented people in television. You have the opportunity to work with a team filled with spirit, passion and imagination. We have an exciting opportunity for a FT experienced, hands-on Newscast Director with strong leadership skills to join our winning team.
• Work as a liaison between the News & Engineering Department.
• Maintain production studio and control room.
• Perform other tasks related to the position as assigned, which may include website contribution.
• Maintain a strong level of daily communication and collaboration with producers, talent, and the production team.
• Strive to maintain a high degree of production value with strong attention to production aesthetics, accuracy, and show pacing.
• Participate in pre-show planning for special show segments, provide guidance and work with the crew on sets, lighting, and shot blocking.
• Direct or act as crew for newscasts, special studio, and remote productions.
• Provide clear concise communication and direction with management, producers, engineering staff, producers, and talent.
• React in a calm and effective manner to fast-paced, 'live' television and multimedia environments.
• Participate in training less experienced production staff as needed.
• Be a positive team player who possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Degree in a related field preferred.
• Knowledge of INews, Xpression, and Ross switchers a plus.
• Possess strong organizational skills, be self-motivated and have a good visual sense. Must be able to work well under pressure, thrive on deadlines and work a flexible schedule.
• Have the ability to clearly give direction to crew while under pressure.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp0804-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.