WCIV-TV in Charleston, SC is looking for a Weekend Meteorologist/MMJ to forecast the weather for the weekend news and report 3 days a week. As our Weekend Meteorologist/MMJ, you are responsible for the content of the weather cast on-air and on our digital platforms.This position has the best of both worlds! You get to forecast the weather on the weekends and tell great stories three days week as a Multimedia Journalist. This position will help drive digital weather content. The reporting part of this position will be primarily focused on weather, environmental, ecological, port, sea level or ocean related stories. You will also keep in close contact with our local aquarium. You must be flexible with scheduling.
The main day to day responsibilities of the role will include:
• Forecasting, Producing and Presenting clear and concise weather casts, which tell a story and connect with viewers
• Issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and report live during weather events
• Utilize social media daily, but particularly in cases of serious or severe weather, as well as write weather stories
• Make public appearances on behalf of the station
• Pitch story ideas, developing contacts and MMJ 3 days a week
• Work with producers to determine relevant weather content in breaking and everyday situations
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
• Ability to tell memorable and meaningful stories, we value visual and compelling storytelling
• Ability to demonstrate experience with active and visual live shots
• In Depth Knowledge of forecasting
• Sharp news judgement and exceptional writing skills
• Ability to multitask while meeting deadlines and prioritizing tasks
• Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• At least one year of experience in weather presentation and reporting preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8yey-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.