WCIV has an exciting opportunity for you! We have an open position in our News department for a Morning Meteorologist. You'll forecast the weather on broadcast for 4.5 hours of AM news. This position will help drive digital weather content. You must be flexible with scheduling.
WCIV-TV in Charleston, SC is looking for a Morning Meteorologist to forecast the weather for 4.5 hours of AM News. As our AM Met, you are responsible for the content of the weather cast on-air and on our digital platforms. The main day to day responsibilities of the role will include…
• Forecasting, Producing and Presenting clear and concise weather casts, which tell a story and connect with viewers
• Issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and report live during weather events
• Utilize social media daily, but particularly in cases of serious or severe weather, as well as write weather stories
• Make public appearances on behalf of the station
• Pitch story ideas, developing contacts
• Work with producers to determine relevant weather content in breaking and everyday situations
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
• Ability to demonstrate experience with active and visual live shots
• In Depth Knowledge of forecasting
• Sharp news judgement and exceptional writing and adlib skills
• Ability to multitask while meeting deadlines and prioritizing tasks
• Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• At least 3 years of experience in weather presentation and reporting preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2nojm-3-87-33-97-42 in your application.