WCIA 3 is looking for an experienced, energetic, engaging anchor for our weekend newscasts. This position will also serve as a lead reporter during scheduled weekdays. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on anchor who collaborates with producers, reporters, videographers and others about local newscast content. You should also be a strong enterprise reporter who excels at live shots, generates exclusive stories and is active on social media and digital platforms.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
• Presents news stories, interviews, and other content in a credible, meaningful, and relatable way.
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers content, including teases and promos, in a clear and concise manner.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances. Represents station at community and non-profit events.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Writes content for wcia.com
• Strong social media presence and proficiency, so as to interact and engage with viewers/users on social media channels.
• Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, etc.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism, a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to ad lib when required.
• Superior on-air presence.
• Excellent news judgment
• Appreciation of the diverse market we serve.
• Team player, able to work well with people who have a range of skill sets and personalities
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work other shifts as needed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3wyex-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.