WCIA 3, the Weather Leader in central Illinois is looking for a Morning Meteorologist with a track record of covering breaking weather, precision forecasting and confidently communicating on all platforms. Central Illinois is a challenging weather market that will test the forecasting skills of even the most seasoned meteorologists, and we're looking for someone who is up to that challenge.
Our station has been certified as most accurate by the independent ratings service WeatheRate for 10 years in a row.
Our audience trusts us and turns to us in severe weather situations and routine days as well.
We experience all four seasons in the Midwest, so our ideal candidate will have the forecast chops to handle that wide meteorological range and the dynamic personality to actively engage viewers. We're looking for someone who shines on-air, but also is a leader in the digital space and on social media.
It's a chance to work with a passionate team of four meteorologists, including a Chief Meteorologist who is well-respected by the audience and his peers and offers consistent feedback and coaching.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Serve as primary Meteorologist for Monday – Friday morning newscasts
• Respond to breaking and/or severe weather events as required to produce content for our digital platforms.
• Work closely with the weather team to support and extend comprehensive weather coverage on our digital platforms.
• Interact with our audience on station-branded digital and social media accounts.
• Participate in promotional activities including public appearances as needed
. Report/MMJ on weather related stories if assigned during the week
Requirements & Skills:
• Strong understanding of the field of Meteorology and a proven track record of accurate forecasting.
• Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Minimum of 1-3 years of experience with on-camera weather presentation required.
• Strong command of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to shoot video and perform non-linear editing a plus.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record required.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnp745-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.