WCIA.com is looking for a full-time digital content producer to join our energetic and aggressive team. This person posts breaking news as it happens and sends out alerts on the WCIA 3 News app, will help produce digital-first video content and keep WCIA.com as up-to-date as possible.
Our ideal candidate has a bachelor's degree in journalism or related field, or 1-3 years of experience in a working newsroom. This person understands the constantly-changing landscape of social media and knows how to use Wordpress. Since WCIA 3's digital team operates 24 hours a day, the schedule may include nights and weekends.
• Post daily news items of local and national significance to FOX40.com and other station digital platforms
• Post breaking news as it happens, and tell our audience by digital alerts
• Respond to changing local and national interests by creating content to provide our viewers
• Post other content, i.e. photo galleries, news items, links, etc., as needed to keep FOX40.com up-to-date and complete
• Push local content to national outlets and other Nexstar Digital platforms across the country
• Plan, research and execute initiatives to drive viewers to our social media and website pages
• Produce digital-first video content and keep viewers and readers engaged on multiple platforms
• Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
• Must take an active role in discovering and creating new content for the site; including stories, photos, videos, etc.
• Must understand the importance of using social media to grow our audience and keep them engaged
• Must be able to work autonomously and be self-motivated
• Must demonstrate solid news judgment
• Must have attention to detail; copy editing, grammatical and basic writing skills
• Must have strong people and leadership skills to work with everyone in the newsroom and station
• Be able to use SEO effectively to improve website traffic
• Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism or related field is desired
• 1-3 years-experience in a working newsroom as either a producer, reporter or assignment editor
• Working knowledge of various social media and digital platforms
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rek282-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.