WCHS in Charleston, WV, is looking for a Director/Editor for our AM and Noon Newscast.
Perform any production duties as assigned including:
• Direct and TD any assigned newscasts and productions
• Supervise production crew on a daily basis
• Maintain production studio and control room
• Editing video for daily news coverage, special projects, and sweep period pieces
• Taking in news feeds from news bureaus and various news organizations
• Collaborating with anchors, reporters, and producers on video elements of newscasts
• Meeting daily deadlines in a high-energy working environment
• Perform other tasks related to the position as assigned
• Experience Directing and TDing newscasts preferred
• Non-linear editing experience preferred
• Familiarity with AVID Media Composer is a plus
• Knowledge of production standards and equipment preferred
• Must be able to clearly give direction to crew while under pressure
• Typing and good spelling skills are necessary
• Ability to read and write, college degree preferred
• Must be able to lift & position 40-pound lighting instruments
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r72o6k-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.