WCHS is looking for a Meteorologist/Reporter to present the weather forecast for the weekend news and report 3 days a week. As our Weekend Meteorologist/Reporter you are responsible for the content of the weather cast on-air and on our digital platforms.
The main day to day responsibilities of the role will include…
• Forecasting, Producing and Presenting clear and concise weather casts, which tell a story and connect with viewers
• Issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and report live during weather events
• Utilize social media during severe weather, as well as write weather stories
• Make public appearances on behalf of the station
• Pitching story ideas, developing contacts and reporting 3 days a week
• Work with producers to determine relevant weather content in breaking and everyday situations
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
• Ability to tell memorable and meaningful stories, we value visual and compelling storytelling
• Ability to demonstrate experience with active and visual live shots
• In Depth Knowledge of forecasting
• Sharp news judgement and exceptional writing skills
• Ability to multitask while meeting deadlines and prioritizing tasks
• Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• (years of experience) years' experience in weather presentation and reporting preferred
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4kvkz-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.