New York's WCBS Newsradio 880 is looking for a high-energy communicator with strong writing and storytelling skills to join an iconic news brand to help engage a new generation of news consumers. Candidate must demonstrate strong news judgement and must understand the powerful voice and responsibility of our brand. We are looking for an idea-generating journalist with a positive attitude and standout work ethic. The winning candidate must demonstrate the ability to collaborate on story ideas. We will expect you to engage with our audience on multiple platforms to expand the reach of our journalism and storytelling. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Candidates must be detail oriented and cool under the pressure of meeting tight deadlines. Major market experience in writing and delivering the news is a must. Experience in the New York Metropolitan area is a plus. Must be willing to work a schedule that could include holidays, nights, overnights, and/or weekends.
• Anchor and/or report live from the studio or in the field
• Conceptualize, pitch, develop and produce news segments
• Gather, write, record, edit and deliver news content
• Collaborate with newsroom staff
• Anchor Live Coverage of Breaking News and Special Coverage
• Interview newsmakers
• Operate WCBS studio board while on air
• Connect with listeners on social and digital platforms to promote brand
• Contribute content on social and digital platforms, including but not limited to audio, video and written content
• Develop and research potential news stories
• Protect the station's FCC license
• Other duties as required by management
• A valid drivers license, insurance and a satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check is required.
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless
of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state,
or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment
opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.