WCAX is the original and leading station in the Burlington-Plattsburgh market. We paved the way for TV in this whole area of the country. We are a station of innovators. If you are the person who will help us inform, educate, entertain and delight an audience of more than 750,000 people, then you need to send your resume and reel to us right now. Take this opportunity to build your career in a place people come from all over the world to enjoy.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Produce and anchor sports segments for newscasts.
- Find and develop stories around sports.
- Develop sources with local athletics programs for stories and context.
- Shoot, edit and write content for newscasts.
- Write and post stories and videos for station digital platforms.
- Help produce sports segments in coordination with the sports director.
- Proven ability to tell people-centered stories.
- Ability to shoot and edit video.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds of gear and equipment.
- Must maintain clean driving record.
- Strong computer skills for research and contributions to digital platforms.
- Familiarity with latest social media trends and products.
- Willingness to work long hours and overtime when necessary.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqo59z-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.