News Producer / Reporter - WCAX
WCAX is the original and leading station in the Burlington-Plattsburgh market. We paved the way for TV in this whole area of the country. We are a station of innovators. If you are the person who will help us inform, educate, entertain, and delight an audience of more than 750,000 people, then you need to send your resume and reel to us right now. Take this opportunity to build your career in a place people come from all over the world to enjoy.
WCAX-TV has an immediate opening for a weekend newscast producer and weekday multimedia journalist. Applicants should be comfortable in the field, the studio and the control room. This is a great entry level opportunity for those interested in news management or on-air roles.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Writing, shooting, reporting, and editing original news stories with a compelling, easy-to-understand delivery
• Reporting live in the field and in studio
• Demonstrating creativity and strong editorial judgment
• Developing, organizing, and writing a newscast
• Writing and posting content to our website
• Using social media outlets to engage viewers
• Bachelor's Degree in journalism or related field
• Excellent news judgment
• Strong broadcast writing and visual storytelling skills
• Live reporting and strong on-camera presentation skills
• Ability to shoot and edit video
• Strong work ethic, the ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Familiarity with ENPS, Edius, and web posting preferred
Interested/Qualified applicants must do the following, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WCAX-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz47w1-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.