News Anchor - WCAX
NEWS ANCHOR (MORNING) - WCAX
WCAX is the original and leading station in the Burlington-Plattsburgh market. We paved the way for TV in this whole area of the country. We are a station of innovators. If you are the person who will help us inform, educate, entertain and delight an audience of more than 750,000 people, then you need to send your resume to us right now.
Take this opportunity to build your career in a place people come from all over the world to enjoy. Ski at some of the best-known resorts in America in the winter and hike, boat and play outdoors in the summer. The Burlington, Vermont, area is one of the most beautiful places in North America. Maybe you'll find yourself at the top of the Green Mountains in Vermont or Adirondacks in New York. Then again, the foodie culture of downtown Burlington may whet your appetite for delicious traditional favorites or haute cuisine.
WCAX-TV is looking for a morning anchor to work for the number one station in the market. We are seeking an experienced journalist with dynamic story-telling skills, polished on air delivery and ability to connect with viewers. A successful candidate will be a newsroom leader able to assist producers in stacking rundowns, writing scripts, guiding reporters and other editorial oversight.)
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to:
• Present daily newscasts for live broadcast in an engaging and professional manner
• Conduct live studio interviews
• Anchor live events from our streaming desk
• Present information in a fair, unbiased manner, ensuring the information is accurate and of interest to viewers
• Use editorial judgment to help determine content of the newscasts
• Work with producers and team to create unique, fast-paced newscasts
• Write for the web and post daily on all digital platforms including social media
• Edit video for broadcasts as necessary
• Develop story ideas to present in a morning news meeting
• Develop contacts and sources in the community
• Ability to meet daily and long-range reporting deadlines and contribute meaningful content
• Work well with others in a team atmosphere
• Participate in community events and make public appearances on behalf of the station as assigned
• Always present a professional image as a representative of WCAX-TV
• Two years of experience in a commercial newsroom preferred, including regular anchoring experience
• BS/BA in journalism or communications preferred
• Ability to shoot, write, and edit your own stories as necessary
• Experience with posting stories to web and social media
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems
• Schedule flexibility
• A valid driver's license and a good driving record
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WCAX-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk7qb4-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.