WCAX is the original and leading station in the Burlington-Plattsburgh market. We paved the way for TV in this whole area of the country. We are a station of innovators. If you are the person who will help us inform, educate, entertain, and delight an audience of more than 750,000 people, then you need to send your resume and reel to us right now. Take this opportunity to build your career in a place people come from all over the world to enjoy.
WCAX-TV is looking for a multi-media journalist to lead our newsgathering efforts in Southern Vermont. This job is a great opportunity for a driven journalist looking to take their skills to a whole new level. This is a Monday-Friday, day-shift position, with competitive wages based on qualifications and years of experience.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Reporting, shooting, writing, and editing original news stories
• Regular live presentation in the field or bureau with a compelling, easy to understand delivery
• Producing and posting original content to our website
• Generating daily and enterprise story ideas and effectively working a beat
• Playing an active role in the editorial process
• Bachelor's Degree in journalism or related field.
• At least 1 year of experience in a professional newsroom.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to develop contacts.
• Ability to react quickly and aggressively to breaking news.
• Strong news judgment, excellent journalistic instincts, and a critical eye for details.
• Ability to multi-task efficiently and handle high-pressure situations on a consistent basis.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to contribute within a strong team environment.
• Strong computer skills for research and contributions to digital platforms.
• Familiarity with latest social media trends and products.
• Ability to shoot and edit video.
• Willingness to work long hours and overtime when necessary.
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references. (include a demo reel of your work)
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WCAX-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk7moq-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.