Work 10 minutes from the beach! WBTW, the dominant local news outlet in the Myrtle Beach market, is looking for a PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR, to lead our production team and maximize our top-of-the-line technology.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with automated production technology, including robotic cameras, and a history of quickly learning new technologies. They'll also show an ability to maintain our positive culture through servant leadership and strong communication skills.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Manage all aspects of the production department
• Hire, train, provide feedback, discipline, and schedule employees
• Monitor newscasts and quickly address production issues to ensure high-quality newscasts
• Identify opportunities to elevate our production quality, develop a plan, and effectively communicate the plan with the team
• Collaborate with other departments to implement new technologies and correct problems
• Direct newscasts
• Edit video
• Fill in for any production role as needed
• Other duties as assigned
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE
• The people - Reach out to current and past employees. They'll probably tell you this is one of the best places they've ever worked. We have a team environment with respect for life outside work.
• The location – We're a few minutes from the beach and, because we're a tourist destination, we have amenities you won't typically find in a smaller market, including great restaurants and things to do.
• The product – Our owner invests in our equipment to make sure we provide our viewers with best-in-market newscasts. Our production supervisor makes sure we maximize those resources while providing high-quality newscasts.
WHAT YOU NEED TO QUALIFY
• Two years' experience with directing broadcast news and editing video in an automated environment
• Record of calmly handling high-pressure, fast-paced situations
• Superior communication skills to achieve employee buy-in for day-to-day and major projects
• Examples of leading and training other employees
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvonmn-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.