WBTW News 13, is looking for a hungry, creative, dedicated journalist for this Producer position, who is willing to learn from a team that can help mentor and guide you, giving you a skill set that can take you to the next level. The Producer will write & produce news stories for daily newscasts and produce newscasts. The producer will also serve as a control room leader during severe weather and breaking news coverage. News 13 is the Myrtle Beach/Florence CBS Affiliate Station, with #1 rated newscasts in every timeslot and owned by Nexstar Media Inc. We also produce newscasts for the Fox affiliate in MB. We produce more live newscasts than any station in the market. News 13 is located Myrtle Beach, SC., known for its warm weather, friendly people, and over 60 miles of beautiful beaches on the Grand Strand. Being one of the top tourist destinations in the US, we have amenities you won't find anywhere else-1,900 restaurants, over 80 golf courses, tourist and entertainment sites, water recreation and dozens of local and state parks.
We are looking for someone who can:
-Produce opens and graphics elements for a highly produced newscast;
-Work aggressively to increase traffic on web and social platforms;
-Copy edit news stories by reporters and writers;
-Write stories for the website and other eMedia platforms
-Contribute recommendations on daily story coverage and special assignments.
-Must be available to work at station promotion events
-Open to constructive guidance for growth, and strong communication skills;
-Serve as a leader within the newsroom, offering advice & assistance to other employees.
-Interact with viewers and users on social media sites;
-Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
This position requires someone who can exercise discretion, best judgment, and has solid journalistic/ethical skills. Degree in journalism or equivalent experience preferred. Must be willing to work flexible hours.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Fluency in English
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE
• The people - Reach out to current and past employees. They'll probably tell you this is one of the best places they've ever worked. We have a team environment with respect for life outside work.
• The location – We're a few minutes from the beach and, because we're a tourist destination, we have amenities you won't typically find in a smaller market, including great restaurants and things to do.
• The product – We set ourselves apart from the competition by investing in enterprise reporting for our digital platforms.
• The investment in you – You'll receive regularly scheduled feedback from the News Director. You also receive instant feedback as your stories are reviewed.
• If you can do most, if not all of these things, you should throw your hat in the ring!!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnn6km-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.