WBTW, the dominant local news outlet in the Myrtle Beach market, is looking for a News Producer, who will write & produce news stories for daily newscasts and produce newscasts. The producer will also serve as a control room leader during severe weather and breaking news coverage.
We are looking for someone who is:
-Open to constructive guidance for growth, and strong communication skills;
-Produce opens and graphics elements for a highly produced newscast;
-Work aggressively to increase traffic on web and social platforms;
-Contributes recommendations on daily story coverage and special assignments.
-Must be available to work at station promotion events.
-Serves as a leader within the newsroom, offering advice & assistance to other employees.
-Copy edits news stories by reporters and writers;
-Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms;
-Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites;
-Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
This position requires someone who can exercise discretion, best judgment, and has solid journalistic/ethical skills. Degree in journalism or equivalent experience preferred. Must be willing to work flexible hours.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Fluency in English
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift
• WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE
• The people - Reach out to current and past employees. They'll probably tell you this is one of the best places they've ever worked. We have a team environment with respect for life outside work.
• The location – We're a few minutes from the beach and, because we're a tourist destination, we have amenities you won't typically find in a smaller market, including great restaurants and things to do.
• The product – We set ourselves apart from the competition by investing in enterprise reporting for our digital platforms.
• The investment in you – You'll receive regularly scheduled feedback from the News Director. You also receive instant feedback as your stories are reviewed.
• If you can do most, if not all of these things, you should throw your hat in the ring!!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9j0jz-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.