WBTW News 13 is Myrtle Beach/Florence's #1 rated news team on air and on digital. News 13 is looking for a dynamic , experienced Anchor to co-anchor the weekday evening newscasts , with Patsy Kelly or Annette Peagler. We are looking for a seasoned journalist with a proven track record. The news team has the mind set of a 'breaking news' team, where journalism matters and sets us apart from the others. News 13 produces almost 50 hours of live news every week, #1 in the ratings in every time slot. We're looking for our next ''on-air leader,'' to take us into our important 70th anniversary on the air year, next year. This is a rare opportunity to join the anchor desk in the community voted for the past 2 years by US News & World Report as one of the ''Best Places to Live in the U.S'' The publication cited good value, being a desirable place to live, having a strong job market and a high quality of life as prerequisites for making the top of this list. Yes, we have 60 miles of beautiful beaches along the Atlantic Ocean. But the area also has 1,900 restaurants, over 80 golf courses and the amenities you won't find elsewhere.
The News Anchor serves as the primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
Applicant must include a link to on-air work as an anchor, with the application.
• Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
• The ability to produce newscasts and communicates clear direction with team members.
• Assists in writing, copy editing, script approval, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
• Acts as a field anchor as assigned.
• Conducts interviews with news personnel and others.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Edits video clips as assigned.
• Writes content for the website and other eMedia platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
• Minimum five years' experience in news reporting or anchoring.
• Superior on-air presence.
• Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues.
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpy6wo-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.