Meteorologist - WBTV
WBTV was the first television station to sign on in the Carolinas and is considered the ''most trustworthy source of news and information'' in the area according to research. WBTV First Alert Weather is the certified most accurate forecast for the market as measured by WeatheRate. Being ''On Your Side'' for viewers, clients and the community is the guiding principle of WBTV and helps drive its award-winning newscasts and quality local journalism. Visit www.wbtv.com to learn more.
WBTV is searching for a dynamic, engaging meteorologist to join Charlotte's most accurate First Alert Weather team.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Analyze raw scientific data, models, and other available and relevant information to create an accurate weather forecast for our 22-county viewing area
• Create a compelling, conversational presentation of weather forecast for broadcast, streaming, digital, and social media audiences
• Accurately forecast and track severe weather
• Communicate with news staff to inform editorial decision-making
• Bachelor's degree in meteorology, atmospheric science, or related field
• AMS seal preferred
• 3-5 years of experience as a broadcast meteorologist required
• Demonstrated mastery of digital and social media strategy
• Excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritize tasks and information under pressure are required
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
• Must have scheduling flexibility
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6pejj-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.