VIDEOJOURNALIST (W/END ASSIGNMENT DESK) - WBRC
WBRC is the number one station in Central Alabama. We produce award-winning news. We also have a dominant digital presence, using WBRC.com, the WBRC News app, the WBRC Weather app, and social media platforms to connect to a worldwide audience.
WBRC is seeking a superstar who has experience shooting news and commanding an assignment desk. He/she will have a can-do attitude and a willingness to help others.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Gather information by maintaining contact with sources, including police and government agencies
- Respond urgently to breaking news
- Coordinate crews in the field and communicate updates to news staff and management
- Strong photography and non-linear editing skills
- Ability to operate LiveU
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills
- Must be able to work individually, and/or in a group setting
- Should show individual initiative and creativity in photography skills
- Position requires working weekends and at night
- Valid Driver's License and able to complete the MVR process successfully
- Able to shoot and edit stories, work with reporters, and assignment desk
- Capable of gathering information and interviews when necessary; conduct online research
- Computer literacy required, including ideally ENPS news system
- Must be able to work well under pressure with limited supervision and daily deadlines
- Excellent news judgment
- Ability to multi-task
Interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WBRC-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx2k24-44-201-72-250-42 in your application.