News Producer - WBRC
NEWS PRODUCER (EVENING/10pm) - WBRC
WBRC is the number one station in Central Alabama. We produce award-winning news. We also have a dominant digital presence, using WBRC.com, the WBRC News app, the WBRC Weather app, and social media platforms to connect to a worldwide audience.
WBRC Fox6 News is looking for a dynamic producer to join its award-winning news team. Successful candidates must utilize strong editorial, journalistic and communication skills. Our producers have multiple live capabilities to put together an informative, fast-paced newscasts.
This producer position is for a weekday 10pm newscast. The position requires you to have a flexible schedule and fill-in on other shows as needed, including some holidays.
Candidate's duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Use editorial judgment to help determine content of the newscasts.
- Work with reporters and news managers to create unique, fast-paced newscasts.
- Use social media to determine content of newscasts and highlight big social stories.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance newscasts and stories.
- Write for the web and post daily on all digital platforms including social media and attaching images and streaming video.
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
- Deliver unscripted breaking news coverage and special event coverage to the community at large.
- Collaborate with reporters and management in the development of broadcast content such as newscasts, promotions, and teases.
- Receive assignments and evaluate leads and tips in order to develop story ideas.
- Develop and organize newscasts.
- Make time-sensitive decisions.
- Write clearly for multiple platforms on tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate creativity and strong editorial judgment.
- Follow journalistic and libel laws.
- Edit video for broadcasts and the web.
• The successful applicant's background must include a minimum of three years of experience in a newsroom. He/she must be a self-starter with a passion for news. He/she must be willing to work weekends, holidays and overnights when needed. The position is not for a beginner.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d52440-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.