Digital Content Producer - WBRC
DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER (F/T) - WBRC
WBRC is the number one station in Central Alabama. We produce award-winning news. WBRC Fox6 News has a dominant digital presence, using WBRC.com, the WBRC News app, the WBRC Weather app, Magic City Weekend and social media platforms to connect to a worldwide audience. WBRC FOX6 News, the dominant, #1 ranked Gray-owned station in Birmingham, Alabama.
WBRC Fox6 seeks a full-time Digital Content Producer to integrate written, video and audio content into stories for wbrc.com and for all station social media platforms.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Write stories, edit and post video to www.wbrc.com, mobile apps and station social media platforms
- Edit video, images, and interviews to match scripts for use in newscasts and on digital sites
- Shoot video with phone or camera as needed
- Respond to breaking news and urgent newsroom situations
- Upload raw video and still photos to the Web site
- Communicate with editorial staff to post information factually, fair, and fast to web and digital platforms
- Write copy for the web and newscasts
- Explore ways to increase visual content on the website and digital platforms
- Collaborate on story ideas with news team daily
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Position requires evening and weekend work
- 1 year of newsroom experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism or related field
- Valid Driver's License and able to complete the MVR process successfully
- Capable of gathering information and interviews when necessary; conduct on line research
- Computer literacy required, including ideally ENPS news system
- Must be able to work well under pressure with limited supervision and daily deadlines
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw1eyk-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.