WBRC is the legacy, first-place station in Central Alabama. We produce award-winning news. We also have a dominant digital presence, using WBRC.com, the WBRC News app, the WBRC Weather app, and social media platforms to connect to a worldwide audience.
WBRC - Birmingham, AL
WBRC Fox6 is seeking an experienced, hands-on, creative, self-motivated Assistant News Director to drive daily weather and news content. Our Assistant News Director must be knowledgeable, passionate, engaged, accountable, and competitive. He/she will prioritize people and a culture of teamwork, accountability and service.
This position is responsible for managing daily coverage and operations and is responsible for consistently executing strategies.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Work closely with Producers, Reporters, Anchors, Assignment Editor and Photographers on daily news coverage.
- Oversee production of newscasts and special programming.
- Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control and brand compliance.
- Work with other managers to establish newsroom goals and work to develop and further the station's news brand.
- Create tactics and strategies to increase demos performance in key target areas for multiple platforms.
- Evaluate workflow efficiencies.
- Assist in the on-going evaluation of personnel.
- Must be hungry, humble, and smart.
- Must have: a keen understanding of which types of content and storytelling styles work best for various platforms; working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws; a passion for social media; demonstrated ability work under deadline pressures and work in a rapid, fast-paced environment; excellent verbal and written communication skills; Bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism, management or related field or comparable television management work experience preferred; minimum of five years of experience as a news manager.
- Previous news director experience is preferred.
- Must be flexible with working hours. This is not an 8a-5p job.
- Must be innovative and appreciate change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o5wm-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.