Full Time Job
- Full Time
Job DescriptionNews Producer - WBKO
NEWS PRODUCER (F/T) - WBKO
WBKO is home to award-winning journalism in the heart of south-central Kentucky between Louisville and Nashville. WBKO is the dominant source for local news and entertainment in the Bowling Green area and operates the ABC, FOX, Telemundo, Heros & Icons and CW affiliates. We are proud to serve our community and nurture our employees to grow professionally in an encouraging environment. Bowling Green is the third largest and fastest growing city in Kentucky and is ''geared for fun'' as the home of the Corvette, the Bowling Green Hot Rods baseball team, an active arts scene, countless caves and hiking trails, ready to be explored!
WBKO is looking for a full-time producer. Successful candidates must utilize strong editorial, journalistic, leadership, organizational and communication skills. The ideal candidate will be able to make the newscast unique and memorable on this dominant #1 station. The ideal candidate develops and enterprises stories daily and communicates well with co-workers and the community. The candidate will also be required to run the assignment desk, and post stories to our station's website.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
• Use editorial judgment to help determine content of the newscasts
• Work with reporters and news team to create unique, fast-paced newscasts
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance newscasts and stories
• Write for the web and post daily on all digital platforms including social media and attaching images and streaming video
• Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
• Perform other tasks as required by news managers
• Deliver breaking news coverage and special event coverage to the community at large
• Edit video for broadcasts and the web
• Participate in community events and makes public appearances on behalf of the station as assigned
• Degree in broadcast journalism preferred. English majors and print journalists are encouraged to apply
• Must be able to work flexible days and hours
• Ability to handle moderate to high stress and deadline pressure
• Strong editorial skills and working knowledge of AP and Broadcast Style are also preferred
• MVR Check
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WBKO-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbz03y-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.