WBFF/WNUV seeks an enterprising and aggressive Investigative Producer to join our team. We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of how to dig for a story, research it, write it with an edge and use strong storytelling and TV production to make it powerful and memorable. Knowledge of the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) process, computer-assisted reporting, and data-driven reporting is required along with familiarity of legal issues related to investigative television news reporting. Strong writing skills and knowledge of current events is essential. Dynamic storytelling skills are a must.
• Develop and maintain contacts and sources in the community to enterprise story ideas
• Identify and pitch investigative angles on big daily news stories
• Work closely with Producer and Executive Producer to refine investigative pitches and story scripts
• Write online versions of investigative reports and work with Digital Producers on ''web extra'' content for each investigation
• Other duties as assigned
• 3 years of investigative producing experience preferred
• History of award-winning investigative journalism preferred
• Must be a strong storyteller with the ability to make the complicated understandable
• Must be able to use all available tools to enhance stories, from graphics to social media
• Should be able to generate story ideas and determine the legitimacy of viewer tips
• Strong writer, storyteller
• Must be naturally inquisitive with an interest in holding government officials accountable
While applying please provide an online portfolio link for review.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!